Ads 468x60px

.

Soul Searching




The hunter becomes the hunted

This morning I was confronted by one of the many horrors of waking up. Having just about recovered the ability to stumble in a straight line I opened the fridge door to discover an empty bottle of milk. Now to some this could sound like making a mountain out of a mole hill, but discovering empty milk is always the first sign of a horrendous day.

Marching to the shops, with dressing gown disguised under a large rain jacket (not my proudest moment) the time was passed thinking of things that annoy me as much as the milk march. There was a clear pattern. Everything on my list involved searching for or retrieving something. Some of the contenders included:

- Shopping
- The hunt for lost items such as keys/phone/generally anything smaller than me
- Trying to remember where the car is parked
- Queuing
- Knowing an answer to a question but not knowing where it's filed in the brain
- Being completely lost in the middle of nowhere (or worse still London)
- Being told to 'Google it'

As I paid for the only milk bottle left on the shelves (worryingly titled 'sort of skimmed') I concluded to myself, why search for something when you don't need to? Why retrieve something when it will come to you? How much happier would I be sitting in warmth, eating cereal and getting on with more important things safe in the knowledge I never need to do this walk again? The answer, for anyone who hasn't been out at 7am sporting a dressing gown/rain jacket combo, is a lot.

For more information on how using CRM technology can reduce manual tasks please download a free copy of The seven behaviours of high performing sales people

0 comments:

Post a Comment