Ads 468x60px

.

The Sweet Smell of Success




Taking advantage of what's there

Whilst researching on a project earlier this week I couldn't help but laugh when I stumbled upon a website devoted to 'breaking sugar news'. Further more, once my mind had long since drifted from the task at hand, I found myself typing 'sugar news' into Google which happily provided a whole host of other competing sugar sites hoping to quench my sugar update thirst.

In fact, with some further investigation I discovered that you can also get regular headlines about Salt, Pepper, Vinegar and for the complete table set, ketchup... Ketchup news! (with top story 'ex-schools trustee gets probation in Ketchup Theft'...shocking stuff I'm sure you'll agree.)

Now joking aside here this really did hit home just how big a source (no pun intended, honestly I swear) the Internet really is. Because, when you think about it, there are probably thousands of businesses who need to keep track of sugar updates every single day and with I dare say, probably not too many other ways of doing it successfully. Bear in mind that this was one simple search, which basically means it's the tip of an enormous iceberg of sugar information which would probably swamp anyone trying to digest it.

So the question is, if you're a business not exploiting the Internet to gain intelligence, why not? Research by Experian this week once again points to the fact that more and more consumers are heading online adding to last week's report indicating an increase in online business ventures. All of this will simply mean more web activity available to track, no matter what you've a sweet tooth for. (find out more here)

0 comments:

Post a Comment