Ads 468x60px

.

No time to take the escalator, I'll take the stairs



I saw another piece the other day claiming that companies were failing to adopt online social techniques because they lacked the time to do so. For me that's like saying the aforementioned title. 'I don't have time to take the escalator, I'll just take the stairs.' It's falls under the category of all the excuses relating to time:

1) 'I'll do it one day' translates to 'I'll probably never get round to it.'
2) 'I didn't have time to look at those' translates to 'I didn't really want to'
and
3) 'Another time maybe?' translates to 'please dear lord not another time.'

Being actively social and using the web to stay in touch with a customer is supposed to speed things up; it's supposed to make things easier. And it does. Like any leap of faith it involves the user throwing themselves in at the deep end and making the time to do it. The things you always 'wanted to do one day' are so much better when you're actually doing them. Likewise using social tools to interact with your customers makes things so much quicker when you learn the ropes

2 comments:

Cheap SSL said...

i’m not a blog commenter but I really enjoyed your post. Great post! Thanks!

Emily said...

I agree with the article. Internet is one of the most powerful tools that a business man needs to use. It has a lot of power. If you have a business like electric motor repairs, then you need to advertise it over the internet for better exposure. Customer service is also a must and can be done through the internet.

Post a Comment