Ads 468x60px

.

Man in the Mirror... and the Times, and the Telegraph, and, everywhere really




Won't stop till you've had enough


Now before the hate mail starts flooding in I would just like to state I am a Michael Jackson fan. Like many, I have spent many an evening nursing torn muscles after trying to impress with the famous moon walk and discovering rather quickly, that it does in fact take quite a lot of talent. His songs are timeless and as radio DJ's are currently proving, will continue filling airwaves for as long as airwaves can be filled.

But I have to admit, I can't quite believe just how much his death appears to have affected the global community. The news was simply unavoidable. I was researching on an Insurance website and the top three stories related to Michael Jackson. To check this wasn't just coincidence I tried a variety of other sector specific websites to discover that, sure enough, Michael Jackson also had links to sport, travel and personal loans.

The most interesting thing in my opinion was watching the news spread. My Facebook page was filled with status changes, without exception, talking about the tragic news. Twitter was so busy it continually crashed and Google thought it was genuinely under attack! This online bombardment is becoming increasingly frequent. The coverage of the recent troubles in Iran showed that news networks are actually using social media as a source for content, rather than the other way round, which is quite an odd concept when you think about it.

Headlines now spread incredibly fast, and the morning papers are being forced to play catch up rather than story breaker. If you want to keep on the pulse, online is the place to be.

Go to www.artesiansolutions.com for more info.

0 comments:

Post a Comment