Ads 468x60px

.

Dave Kahle is my new hero



I knew I was onto a winner this morning when I saw Dave Kahle blogging about sales' best practises with the title 'Makes good use of the tools provided by the company.' I gleefully rubbed my hands together anticipating a barrage of soundbites promoting sales software and I was not to be disappointed. So here we go, a run down of the blissfully helpful highlights:

"Electronic tools like CRM systems help organize the sales call, and provide a way to automate routine tasks."

"Mediocre sales people see all these things as encumbrances: More “busy work,” or someone telling them how to do their job, or encroaching accountability. The real issue underneath these excuses is their fear of, and inability to, change in positive ways and become more effective at their jobs. It is just easier to complain and find fault with the latest software tool that the company wants you to use....To accept them (company provided tools) is to give tacit acceptance to the idea that they can and should improve. They would rather hide under the radar screen of accountability."

AND, as a final hurrah:

"That’s why making good use of the company-provided sales tools is a best practice of the best sales people."

Dave Kahle, you are now my soundbite hero. How about one regarding automated sales intelligence in the cloud?... Or is that pushing it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment