Ads 468x60px

.

How can a question be too short?


I really like the concept of a site I came across today, vark.com. The simple premise is, you ask a question and vark.com searches your social networks to find the person most suited to answer it. It's not only set up to cash in on the social media craze but it's also very simply designed and easy to use.

Only trouble is it doesn't seem to know the answer to anything. Of course, it's once again aimed at consumers rather than business so any corporate research goes completely out the window (I asked the question 'Can you tell me JP Morgan Q3 results?' and the thing looked like it was about to run to the nearest corner, curl up and cry).

I then tried to ask it some simpler questions - 'where can I find fancy dress in London?' and 'What's the traffic like on the M4?' and it told me my question was too short...surely that makes it easier to answer! So I tried 'is there anything in relation to the road between London and Wales that would stop my car going at the speed I so wished it to?' and I still got nothing.

Still, the idea's great, and if enough people sign up I can see it being a very useful tool, the problem is it's a business concept dressed up in a consumer model...Yet again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment