Ads 468x60px

.

The future of RSS



If you believe recent reports then RSS feeds are a thing of the past. The claim is that social networking and live feeds such as twitter have made them obsolete but call me old fashioned (it doesn't seem to take much anymore) but I still find them incredibly useful.

I judge websites that don't have RSS feeds, consider them inferior because gaining information from them is just so much simpler than anywhere else. Especially working with semantic technology, some websites can be such a pain for systems to understand. You'd be amazed how many top name sites actually have horrific page mapping issues (luckily for me I just get to pass on the problem to our developers, not actually solve it myself :) ).

An RSS is designed to be read easily and in my mind, they are still very valuable in everyday life... This is a plea I suppose. Don't kill off the RSS, it'll be like when they discontinued Wispa's, we'll all regret it!

2 comments:

Sue Kennedy (nee Mason) said...

my waistline wouldn't regret discontinued choc bars! Sue - Wokingham, Ticket Office

Craig said...

There's chocolate bars and there's Wispas. Every wasteline deserves Wispas

Post a Comment