Ads 468x60px

.

Have I missed something?



I really don't understand publishers sometimes. Surely, and correct me if I'm missing something here, it is a good thing for people to link to your content? Find me a company that doesn't enjoy free publicity and I'll show you a company that is about to have 'closing down' written in large, bold letters outside it's building.

Could someone explain the logic then as to why The Daily Mirror amongst others have blocked NewsNow from aggregating content from their site? The only possible explanation I can find is those shocking people at NewsNow have found a clever way of making some profit out of service that people want...Shocking, shocking behaviour.

When the Daily Mirror finds a way of satisfying the user's needs by all means kick up a fuss about people 'stealing' content. But as it stands they don't have the answer and therefore NewsNow are actually doing them a favour! The service the Daily Mirror offer is reporting the news. NewsNow's service is finding it. Two very different things. Do you see small towns revolting against satnavs? No, and the reason is, small towns, in the main, understand how this whole 'helping in the right direction' thing works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment